Our Jones Family Experience

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Melissa is 29 Years Old

I do it for the girls, so why not? Yesterday I turned 29 years old, which Gideon keeps reminding me is only one year away from the big 3-0. I have never been one that is too concerned about age, so the thought of being 29, almost 30, doesn’t bother me. It’s just a number. I don’t feel any older than I did on Friday, and I’m sure I won’t feel any older tomorrow. Watching my girls grow actually reminds me I’m getting older more than any day. But since I’m having so much fun watching Hadley and Malia grow, I really don’t mind the thought of getting older.

In the past year, I have become a Mommy for the second time, made some friends, visited with family, organized a play group and had the privilege to work as a stay at home mom. It has been a good year, and I had a good day celebrating.

It started out with Gideon and Hadley baking me a cake. Then I got my card that Hadley picked out and my presents. Hadley and I then went to music class. We had a lot of fun. I think we both enjoy our Mommy-Hadley special time.


Baking my cake

Hadley picked out my card

After lunch we headed to Burlington. We did some shopping and I was very excited to find out that I fit into size 6 jeans, which I haven’t worn for about 10 years. After the mall, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.

Meals are always eventful with two little ones, and I feel like we are moving into the restaurant with all of our stuff, especially during the winter. The food was excellent as usual. If you are familiar with Texas Roadhouse, you know they bring out a saddle for the birthday person to sit on. Well, I rode the saddle, while everyone watched. It was a little more embarrassing than I expected. The meal concluded with Hadley vomiting and Malia screaming because of stranger anxiety. While it didn’t faze Gideon or me at all, I think we were excellent birth control for the table of teenagers next to us.


Malia and I on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse

After driving home through yet another snow storm, we ate the cake that Gideon and Hadley had made. Gideon wanted me to point out that it tasted much better than it looked.


My yummy cake

Icing thief

She couldn't wait for a fork

Getting caught reaching for my cake

It was a great day. I’m so glad I have such a wonderful family to help me celebrate special occasions with, even if I don’t feel any older.

I love my family


Answers from Guess Who Post: 0-1 Months Malia then Hadley, 1-2 Months Malia then Hadley, 2-3 Months Hadley then Malia, 3-4 Months Hadley then Malia, 4-5 Months Malia then Hadley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home