Our Jones Family Experience

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Malia is 4 Months Old


Dear Malia


Today you turned four months old. I do not know where all of the time has gone, but I am trying hard to enjoy every moment of it. Enjoying the moments is easy as you are still one of the calmest, happiest babies I have ever seen.

This month your personality has really started to shine through. Along with being calm, you have a silly sense of humor, love your sister so much, and want to watch everything around you. You also discovered your hands and are getting really good at using them.

While you love your hands and your new found ability to grab and hold things, you haven’t mastered them yet which has led to some frustrations. You get upset when you can’t get something to your mouth. Your hands have also made getting to sleep difficult. Those silly hands keep taking your binkie from your mouth. Throughout the month I have seen you learning to use your hands more and more, so I’m sure it won’t be long until you figure them out completely.

A skill you did master this month is rolling from your back to your belly. It only takes you seconds to roll over and do a mini push up. You are starting to get the motion down for rolling onto your back again, but your arm is still getting in your way.

You saw snow for the first time as well. Living in Vermont you will see a lot more of it and soon you will be sledding and building snowmen. While I’m looking forward to all of your upcoming milestones, I can definitely wait as I love seeing you grow and develop. Stay little my Squishy; don’t grow too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home