Our Jones Family Experience

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween

I was really looking forward to Halloween this year as it was the first one that Hadley actually understood the concept of Trick-or-Treating.  I was also looking forward to showing off the girls' themed costumes.  Two year olds definitely have their own opinions and know what they want, so I couldn't just pick costumes for her.  After looking at a lot of different costumes online and going to a costume store, Hadley decided she wanted to be a pirate, aarh.  So of course Malia needed to be her parrot. 

We actually went Trick-or-Treating three times this year.  The first was through the dorms at Norwich on the Wednesday before Halloween.  I know when I was in college I loved participating in this, so I knew Hadley and the students would have a good time. 


Getting ready to go


Family at Norwich


What a big girl

On Halloween the local "mall" was having Trick-or-Treating through the stores.  It was crazy-busy, but Hadley had a good time and got some more candy.  It was also nice because we got to visit with some of our friends and their kids.  I doubt we will do the Malloween next year, but at least we had some fun with it this year.


Us, the Wuestman's, and the Flores's at the mall


Look at this!

Halloween night we hit the neighborhood.  Malia and I only made it to our close friends Nicky and Ken's house because of the weather.  Hadley and Gideon continued on though and gathered a lot of candy and had a great time.  Hadley wanted to run the whole time and kept trying to catch the flashlight beam. 


My pirate and her parrot


The cutest parrot ever

I'm looking forward to next year.  Who knows what kind of creatures we will have then. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home