Our Jones Family Experience

Monday, February 14, 2011

Malia is 6 Months Old


It is hard to believe, but you are already half a year old. It seems like every time I turn around you have grown a little and are doing something new. This month you have mastered sitting and are already learning how to get onto your belly from a sitting position. At first that wasn’t the most graceful move, but you have quickly learned.

While you enjoy sitting, you prefer moving. You are an expert at rolling to get to the things you want. You can go around corners, change rooms, and spin yourself in circles. Rolling isn’t what you want to be doing though. Crawling is your goal and you are so close. You can get onto your hands and knees and rock back and forth. You know some how you are supposed to be moving, so you get a little frustrated when you don’t get anywhere. You have started lunging forward to get that forward progress. And just today you started moving your knees forward. Any day now you will be crawling and then I will be in so much trouble.

You no longer have your gummy smile. Your first tooth popped through this month. It is so cute to see your big, cheerful smile with that one tooth sticking up from the bottom. A second one is close to popping through as well. While your teeth aren’t doing much yet, they will be there when you move from purees to solids. You love to eat and are already eating three meals a day.

Everyone mentions how you are a big baby, but I think you are just perfect. You are still my little baby and I wouldn’t change anything about you. I love watching you grow and develop, but it has gone so much faster than with Hadley. I know part of it is me being busier, but I think most of it is the fact that you are doing everything so fast.

I love the idea of watching you grow, but I’m not quite ready for you to stop being my little baby, so please slow down just a little bit for Mommy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home