Our Jones Family Experience

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day

Last year on Mother's Day, Gideon commissioned as a Naval Officer.  This year, he is hard at work on his first ship which is underway.  Unfortunately, this is the first of many occasions over the next year that Gideon will be missing.  While we always miss him and wish he was with us, we are living life and celebrating things as they come. 

Shortly before Mother's Day, there are always lists publicized of what Mom really wants.  We as mom's don't usually want much.  The lists typically consist of sleeping in, not having to cook, chocolates, flowers, jewelry, a card.  The basics. 

Being the only parent at home, I knew I wasn't going to get many of those things.  I was hoping to at least be able to sleep in, but that wasn't to be either.  Even though I didn't get many things on the list, we made it work and had a good day. 

We enjoyed brunch with friends, watched a movie, played outside, and what I really wanted, extra hugs and kisses.  And while it may not have been the jewelry they were talking about on all of those lists, I did get a pin and a necklace, handmade by my girls. 


While it is not always easy being Mom, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Making me Mother's Day cards

My gifts from Malia

Thumbprint necklace Malia made at school

My gifts from Hadley

Hadley's card



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home