Our Jones Family Experience

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Malia is 2.5 Years Old




Dear Malia,

While most two year olds are busy throwing temper tantrums and fits for not getting their way, you continue to be the most laid back, funny kid I have ever met.  There is very little that ever gets you down or makes you mad, and you are always ready for your next adventure. 

Before you never wanted to leave Mommy’s side, but you started going to “school” at Ms. Christy’s house.  You love going and have so much fun.  It has helped a lot with your separation anxiety and now you are much more willing to go places without me.  It has been good for both of us to have some time on our own.  I think it makes us appreciate all of our time together that much more.

I love watching you and Hadley play together.  Seeing your imagination grow is wonderful, and I am always amazed at the stories and scenarios you create.  When Hadley isn’t around you want me to play “baby, mommy doggie” with you.  Sometimes you get frustrated with Mommy when I don’t know what to do, but you never stop trying. 

You never seem to give up on anything you do.  You continue to be very determined and focused on what you want.  While that would seem to contradict with your laid back attitude, somehow you pull it off. 

Just last week, you decided you didn’t want to wear diapers anymore.  You are doing great and already waking up from naps and bedtime dry.  It won’t be long until you get your big girl bed.  You are becoming my big girl too.  While you are getting taller and skinnier, you have managed to keep your big ole belly.  I love giving you kisses and tickling your belly. 

You love to laugh and make everyone around you laugh too.  Gym is one of your favorite things to do.  Whenever we go you pick a stuffy and carry it around the whole time.  Austin is your favorite stuffy right now and we can’t go anywhere without him.  While it can be hard always keeping track of him, I love how attached you get to objects and people.  I think it shows how much you love and care and how big your heart is.


I hope you always keep your big heart.  Remember to keep laughing and love with all you have.  Mommy will always love you and adore your funny, quirky, mischievous personality.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home