Our Jones Family Experience

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Winter Break for the Girls

While you never really get a break from winter while living in Vermont, it is nice that the schools give the kids a week off to have some fun.  Gideon still had classes, so I set out looking for something the girls and I could do that wasn’t too far away.  

We were also having our floors refinished in preparation for listing the house, so I decided that a vacation where we could spend the night would be good.  I had heard that Manchester, NH had a science center and as most of you know, we are all about kid’s museums and science centers.

The one in Manchester was not what I expected.  It was small, and had few exhibits.  That didn’t stop the girls from having a lot of fun.  It was our only event planned for the day and the only thing in Manchester that I knew the girls would enjoy, so we visited all of the exhibits and most of them multiple times.  We were lucky that a traveling dinosaur exhibit was there at the time. 









After spending the night in Manchester, we continued on to Boston, one of my favorite cities.  We started the day at the aquarium.  I knew it was under construction, but not to the extent that it was.  The whole center column was closed. 




Next we visited Hard Rock Café for lunch.  The girls loved their desserts.  We got two shooters which we were all supposed to share.  I got a few bites of each and then the girls took over.



I’ve always wanted to take the girls to Build A Bear, so I decided it was the right time.  After picking out their bears, we stuffed them, bathed them, and looked at all the pretty clothes for them.  When we left, we added Rainbow and Heartful to our family.







We ended the day with the Children’s Museum.  Without a doubt, Boston’s Children’s Museum is my favorite that we have been to so far.  There is so much to do and the girls never get bored with it.  We managed to see all of the exhibits, but I know the girls could go back every day and still have fun.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home