Our Jones Family Experience

Friday, August 2, 2013

Halloween 2012


I knew having themed costumes wouldn’t last for long, but I thought I might get one more year of it.  It wasn’t to be though, as Hadley wanted to be a cowgirl and Malia wanted to be a puppy.  I guess you could say that Malia was Hadley’s puppy, but it wasn’t quite what I had in mind.

Even though their costumes didn’t match, I love Halloween.  For me it isn’t about the candy, it is about seeing them in cute outfits and seeing how excited they are. 

None of us really like getting messy, so this year we skipped pumpkin carving in favor of pumpkin painting.  (After buying Malia another pumpkin since hers was stolen.  I will not miss Vermont.) 


I love the look of concentration


The finished products


This year we went out Trick-or-Treating twice.  The first was through the dorms at Norwich.  We went with a group of friends and had a lot of fun.  I will miss being able to Trick-or-Treat through the dorms.  It is a fun, safe environment where you don’t have to worry about the weather. 





On Halloween, we went around to the neighbors. 




The girls ended up with way too much candy again, but like I said, it isn’t about the candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home