Our Jones Family Experience

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Malia is 8 Months Old


Dear Malia

You are now a baby on the move. Crawling is easy for you and you have learned to pick up speed. I find myself chasing you around the house as I can no longer put you in one spot and expect you to stay there for more than a few moments.

As soon as you learned to crawl, you crawled over to the couch and started pulling yourself up. But holding on to things isn’t good enough. Only two days after you started crawling all of the time, you stood on your own for a few seconds. You are starting to stand on your own more and more, even though as soon as you realize you aren’t holding on to anything you get scared and usually end up falling.

You have also started cruising along furniture and toys. There are even a few toys that have wheels that you like to use as walkers. Just like with everything else, you are determined and always want to go to the next stage, so I’m sure walking will happen long before I am ready.

My almost completely silent little girl found her voice this month. You have a squeal of delight that is ear piercing and absolutely adorable at the same time. You are still quiet more than you are loud, but it is nice to hear you expressing yourself.

Separation anxiety struck hard this month. If you even think I am going to leave you, you get upset. Your fear of Mommy leaving did lead to a wonderful thing. Whenever I walk out of the room you start saying Mama Mama. I’m not sure you associate it with me yet, but it is still nice to hear. Now if I can only get you to say it out of happiness when I walk into a room.

Waving is another thing you accomplished this month. If anyone says Hi, Bye, or Goodnight, you wave your whole arm. As always, you are happy, calm, and patient. You love to smile, giggle, and stick out your tongue.

I love every moment of watching you grow. You are so sweet and loveable and I feel so privileged to be your Mommy.

1 Comments:

  • I got to experience that separation anxiety first hand! I felt so bad!! Poor thing was looking all over the room for you.

    (love the 2 little teeth she has poking through!)

    By Blogger Allen's, At April 16, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home