Our Jones Family Experience

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Malia is 11 Months Old

Dear Malia,


Today you turn 11 months old. I can’t believe in a month, I will have a one year old. I do not know where all the time has gone, but I love watching you grow and your personality develop.

You seem to be almost fearless, which may get you in trouble if you are not careful. You love to climb on everything. The couches are no longer a safe place for Hadley to play as you learned to push a toy next to the couch, climb on it, and then get on the couch. Hadley’s rocking chair is one of your favorite places to be. You like to climb on it, sit in it, and dangle over the arms of it.

We have said the word “no” a lot this month. I’m pretty sure you know what it means, but you usually choose to ignore it. You think giving me your dazzling little smile will make me forget that you are doing something you are not supposed to be doing.

You love to chase Hadley or have her chase you. Right now it is a crawling chase, but I don’t expect it to stay that way for long. You figured out your balance and can stand for long periods of time by yourself. Two days after learning how to stand you took your first step.

At first it was only one step at a time. Now you can take several steps at once and will even walk between things without prompting. The fact that you can hold something while walking seems to appeal to you.

You also started giving kisses this month. They are open-mouth, wet kisses that usually end with a tongue lick, but we all love them and always ask you for more. Most of the time you are willing to give kisses, but sometimes you are just too busy.

Next month you will be a one year old. I can’t believe the time has gone by so fast. I’m sure over the next month you will continue to surprise and amuse all of us.

1 Comments:

  • Seems like just yesterday I was bringing you pizza for your meal because I ran out of time to make it! haha! She was JUST a little newborn, can you believe it?

    By Blogger Allen's, At July 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home