Our Jones Family Experience

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hadley is 3 Years Old


Dear Hadley,


Three years ago you changed my life. I thought I was happy before you, but I didn’t know how happy I could be until you were born. Today I continue to be the happiest, proudest Mommy because I have you.

At times it feels like no time at all has passed and at other times it feels like you have always been a part of my life. I think that is because I can’t imagine my life without you.

You make me laugh, cry from happiness, love, and frustration, make me want to scream, and make me always look forward to tomorrow while remembering to enjoy the present.

You are the smartest 3 year old I have ever met. You constantly amaze me with your thoughts and ideas and some of the things you say shock me while making me laugh out loud. You are also very dramatic. You can make the smallest thing into a tragedy. I try to remind myself that just means you are passionate and care about order and control.

Control is a very important thing to you. You like to feel in control and have become incredibly independent over the last year. You also do things on your own time and in your own way. A perfect example of this is potty training. You resisted all of my efforts until one day you decided you were ready. After giving up diapers, you only had two accidents and quickly moved from training pants to underwear.

You also transitioned into a big girl bed. By the end, you looked so big in your crib; now you are just a tiny dot in your twin bed. The happiness and pride you had when your bed was delivered was contagious and even the three big delivery men were smiling and excited for you by the time they left.

I think this year could be our most trying year yet. As you continue to grow and get even smarter you sometimes think you know more than Mommy. I wasn’t expecting that for a few more years, but you are an overachiever and reach most milestones before I am ready.

I am so proud to be your Mommy and am enjoying the adventure of watching you grow and develop.

Love you always.

1 Comments:

  • What was that thing she said to you when walking down the stairs? "Mommy you're ridiculous!"? She's such a smart & adorable little girl! :-D

    By Blogger Allen's, At May 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home