Our Jones Family Experience

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Malia is 9 Months Old


Dear Malia,


Today you turn 9 months old. As always, you are calm, patient, and loving. Your personality is really taking shape, and I am finding out that you are a little mischievous and a bit of a daredevil. Whenever I put you down, you quickly move toward whatever you are not supposed to get. Your favorite off limit things are the cat’s food and water bowls, the dishwasher, the drawer under the over, Hadley’s train table, and pretty much any toy that Hadley is playing with.

The little daredevil in you is coming out as well as you love to climb. You are starting to climb the stairs, and you have climbed on the dishwasher door and into drawers. As the weather warms up, we are spending more time outside. You love to swing, the higher the better.

You are also becoming more vocal. The high pitch scream has evolved into lots of babbling, even though the scream remains. The rare times when you are frustrated or mad, another scream has emerged. I think you learned this from Hadley, which I’m sure will not be the last thing you learn from her.

Two more teeth came through this month as well. You have gotten longer, but you continue to be one of the chubbiest, squishiest babies I have ever seen. All of your chub just makes it even better to hug and love on you.

We celebrated your first Easter. You didn’t really understand the egg hunt, but I’m sure next year you will be right in there with the other kids finding eggs and eating the chocolates. By this time next year, you will be doing so many new things. I’m looking forward to it, but I’m enjoying all of the time now as I watch you grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home