Our Jones Family Experience

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Waiting Game

The last few weeks of your pregnancy, you are so anxious and excited to meet your new baby.  Your due date just cannot come fast enough.  But what happens when your due date comes and goes with no sign of the baby making her appearance. 

I've gone through this twice now.  Every day you wonder is this going to be the day, will I meet my little girl today?  You also notice every little movement and twinge, hoping that contractions are going to start soon (the only time you ever want the worst imaginable pain to start). 

I don't know if it is the size of my belly or the expression on my face, but I have been asked "when are you due" more times since my due date passed on Sunday than any other time during my entire pregnancy.  Then when you tell people that you are x days overdue, you get the look of shock.  Most people do not realize that only 3-4% of babies are actually born on their due date.  Most think it is this magical date when the baby will be born, when really the baby is considered full term anywhere from 38-42 weeks.  As I am approaching 41 weeks, I keep reminding myself that we will be meeting Malia in no more than a week. 

So join us on our waiting game as we await Malia's arrival and the next time you see a very pregnant lady, remember, no one wants the baby to come more than her. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home