Our Jones Family Experience

Friday, June 18, 2010

How Are You Feeling?

Pregnant women are constantly asked different questions, but I think the one asked most often is "How are you feeling?" So for all of you who have been wondering, this is for you. As with almost everything, there are good days and bad days, but overall I feel good.

I love Hadley more than anything and everything I went through while pregnant with her was worth it, but I have to say this pregnancy has been so much easier. I only had about 12 weeks of morning sickness, manageable heartburn, no congestion, and limited headaches.

Something new I am experiencing this pregnancy is sciatic nerve pain. This occurs when Malia presses on the sciatic nerve. The pain then radiates through my back, bottom, and right thigh, stopping me in my tracks. I'm also experiencing a lot more general lower back pain.

Still, I feel good and am looking forward to meeting Malia. As I am in my third trimester there are a few symptoms that just cannot be avoided.
  • I now look like an upside down turtle when trying to get out of bed.
  • Sleep is becoming very elusive and I spend more time awake wishing morning would come than actually sleeping.
  • I spend most of my time in the bathroom.
  • I grunt or groan whenever I stand up, especially if I was sitting on the floor.
  • I have to ask Hadley to pick up things off the floor when I drop them.
  • I can now rest things on the top of my belly for convenient access.

Taken June 20th at 33 weeks



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home