Our Jones Family Experience

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Girls Day Out!

While Gideon and our nephew Frank went to Six Flags New England, Hadley and I had a Girls Day! After a relaxing morning of sleeping in and a long breakfast, we headed for Norwich, VT and the Montshire Museum. Right away I knew it was going to be a huge hit with Hadley when she noticed the fish tanks and squealed "Fishies" with delight. After checking out the fish, turtles, and frogs, we moved on to some of the many exhibits. One of the first we visited was the blocks, and it took a lot of convincing to get her to move on.

Next we moved on to the bubble area. There were a lot of kids in this area, but Hadley was great at taking her turn and sharing. She quickly learned how to make big bubbles with the hula hoop and pull the three dimensional shapes out of the bubble mixtures. One of the greatest things, but also the hardest, of being a Mom is watching your little girl learn to do things on her own and have her tell you that she doesn't need your help.


Hadley really enjoyed watching the Leafcutter Ants and watching the cause and effect in the Air/Turbulence exhibit. Every time we moved to a new area, she would become instantly interested and want to learn what to do. My baby is quickly becoming a little girl right before my eyes. I miss my baby, but I am so excited to watch her grow, learn, and develop.



After the Museum, we went to McDonald's for a very late lunch. I knew she had a good time as she kept giving me hugs and kisses without any prompting and could not stop talking about all of the things we had seen.

Hadley napped on the way home and we finished off our Girls Day playing with animals (Little People), watching Pablo (Backyardigans), and a bubble bath. I know it is going to be more difficult when Malia is born, but I want to continue Girls Day with just Hadley and Mommy. I love our time together, and I want her to always know that Mommy is here for her and I'm never too busy for her.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home