Our Jones Family Experience

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Malia is 2 Years Old




Dear Malia,

In some ways I can’t believe that you are already 2.  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital and that you were my squishy, tiny newborn.  In other ways though, I can’t even remember my life without you.  You fit perfectly in our family.

While Mommy, Daddy, and Hadley are more serious, you are goofy, funny, and always smiling.  You bring the humor to our family and make all of us laugh all of the time.  You are mischievous and have so much personality.  Even people who just meet you know that you are full of life and are laughing right along with you in no time.

Everything right now is 1 more:  one more book, one more minute, one more song.  Every night after Mommy or Daddy has told you no more songs, you always ask for one more.  At least with me, you usually get it.   

You have always been a big talker with us, but you are becoming more and more vocal around other people.  People are amazed by your vocabulary and how well you can express what you want.  The few times we don’t understand what you want, you get very frustrated.

It is usually those moments of frustration that lead to your random temper tantrums.  You still don’t have many temper tantrums, but they are increasing in duration and intensity.  I think that is due to your stubbornness.  It is not in your nature to give up on anything, including a temper tantrum.

Mommy is still your favorite person.  You don’t even like the thought of me leaving you.  Many nights while I am making dinner, you stand at the gate crying for me.  When you are with me, you are very independent.  You love going off to play but come back often to make sure I’m still there. 

You try really hard to keep up with Hadley and all of your bigger friends.  Even though you may not be able to do everything they do, it doesn’t stop you from trying.  You are always right there ready for any adventure. 

In the past six months, you have grown almost 3 inches, but only put on about 2 pounds.  You have gone from being my little Squish to my tall, skinny girl. 

While not every moment is perfect, we are enjoying all of it.  It is so much fun watching you and growing with you.  I love being your Mommy and love you with all of my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home