Our Jones Family Experience

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Festival of Fools

Gideon has been busy with homework, so I decided to take the girls to Burlington’s Church Street for the Festival of Fools. It is a performing arts festival of street performers from across America. We went last year when I was pregnant with Malia, so I thought it might be fun to go again.


They must have advertised better this year because it was much, much busier this year. I’m not a big fan of crowds usually, but being by myself and trying to keep two mobile girls from wandering off was really difficult.

The performers were typical street performers, nothing spectacular but still fun to watch. We saw aerial artists and a small circus perform. Hadley was able to join in the fun as after the aerial artists performed as they allowed kids to try out the pulley systems for a small donation.

We also walked around the farmer’s market sampling the local jellies, salsas, and baked goods. The first time I took Hadley to a farmer’s market I got her some fresh bread. Now she associates bread with farmer’s market, so I had to make sure to find her some bread.

We planned on getting ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s but the line wrapped around the block. Instead we went to Lake Champlain Chocolates for ice cream. It isn’t quite Ben & Jerry’s but it is still good.

Normally the girls fall asleep as soon as they are in the car after a big day. Neither of them did though, so it made for a really long car ride home. Although we had fun, I know it is not something I will be attempting in the future by myself.

Helping to paint the community art project

This art project travels around the country for people to help paint

One of the performers

Watching the aerial artists

Getting her harness put on

Flying high

Watching Circus Wacked

Circus Wacked

The lady sitting beside us.  Malia walked over to her and sat in her lap.

Finishing up her ice cream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home