Our Jones Family Experience

Friday, February 10, 2012

Montshire Museum with 2

Last Thursday I debated taking the girls to the Montshire Museum. I actually started thinking about it the night before because I know Thursdays are our one day without anything planned, so I like to do something fun with the girls. I also can’t stand staying in the house the whole day. If we do, at least one of us ends up crying and screaming.


Thursday morning though, the girls weren’t being very cooperative and they weren’t listening very well. I posed the problem to the wonderful Facebook crowd, and everyone told me to go for it. As always, things didn’t go quite as I planned.

Right as we were passing Exit 2 (11 miles until the next exit) Hadley announced that she had to go potty. I asked if she could wait, but I knew the answer would be no. I tried talking to her to distract her, but it wasn’t working and she was on the verge of tears. Once I found a relatively clear area that didn’t have too much of a drop off, I pulled over.

Malia was napping, but the blast of 20 degree weather when I opened the door woke her up. She promptly started crying. I stripped Hadley from the waist down as she doesn’t understand the whole squatting thing. After going pee, I got her cleaned up and redressed. At this point both of the girls were crying, and I was ready to turn around and go home.

We pressed on though, and the day got better. While we have been to Montshire many times, this was the first time that Malia was extremely mobile and wanted to see what she wanted to see and not just what Hadley was doing. Fortunately, Montshire is very open so I was able to stand between the girls and see them both.


The Gravity Well is still one of Hadley's favorites

Malia loved the Gravity Well too

Bubbles are always a hit with kids

Looking so grown up playing on the computer

Looking at the differences in the birds

Digging for fossils

Hunting for more fossils

By the end though, Malia was done with the exhibits and thought it was fun to run away so I had to chase her. Hadley was never a runner (I’m sure all parents know what that is), so it has been a big adjustment for me as Malia runs the instant I put her down.

After Montshire, we headed for lunch. I was thinking Wendy’s because it is hard to say no when it is so close. Hadley had other ideas though once she saw Friendly’s. Because I’m such a good Mommy, and I didn’t want to hear the complaining, we went to Friendly’s.

It was a fun day, but going to the Montshire with two is an even bigger adventure than our normal outings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home