Our Jones Family Experience

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hadley's Sleepover

When I found out I was having a little girl, there were so many things I started looking forward to. One of those was sleepovers. I loved having sleepovers when I was young, so I was almost excited about Hadley’s. Hadley had slept over at her friend Kylie’s once, but this would be her first sleepover at our house.


We picked up Kylie, and headed to McDonald’s for lunch and some time at their PlayLand for our first stop. After lunch and some time playing, we were ready for our next stop.




I had told the girls there would be a surprise, but I hadn’t told them what yet. Both Hadley and Kylie love arts, so I knew they would love going to Time to Party and Paint in the mall. After carefully choosing what they wanted to paint, the little artists started working.





They each wanted to paint more, but we compromised and decided to get something at JoAnne’s to paint at home. After they finished painting we checked to see if Real Bounce was busy. It was, so we headed to the food court for Creamies.


I love that they are wearing their winter coats while eating ice cream

We headed to JoAnne’s to get more ceramic figures we could paint at home, but they only carry those during the summer. We found some paintable wood objects, so with those in hand we headed home.

The girls quickly set to painting.





After dinner and some more playing it was time for the sleeping part of the sleepover. This is where it is more fun to be the kid than the parent. Both girls have bedtimes of 8:00, but they didn’t actually fall asleep until 9:45. It took me going upstairs many times and telling them to stop talking and to lie down before they actually fell asleep.


Jumping on the bed before bedtime.  Notice the disaster of the bedroom, which only took them minutes to create.

The next morning we finished off the sleepover by making pancakes from scratch. I had 3 helpers in the kitchen this time, and I can say without a doubt that you can have too many cooks in the kitchen.



It was a lot of fun, and I know Hadley and I are looking forward to her next sleepover; Gideon not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home