Our Jones Family Experience

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Melissa is 30 Years Old

That’s right. A few weeks ago I turned the big 3-0. It’s taken me this long to write a blog post because as you all know, us old ladies move slowly. I didn’t want to just stay around Vermont, so I planned my own birthday trip to Boston. We’ve been once before, but I had heard the New England Aquarium was really nice and wanted to go.


We left Saturday after Hadley’s music class. An added benefit of going to Boston is passing by Cracker Barrel at precisely lunch time (you don’t realize how important good restaurants are until you have lived in Vermont for a while). We stopped at Cracker Barrel and continued south to Boston.

That afternoon we went to the Boston Children’s Museum. I think it is the best children’s museum we have been to and we only made it to 2 of the 3 floors before they closed. We all had a lot of fun.


Playing in the bubble area


Using your body to make power



The crazy, 3 story climbing structure I wouldn't let the girls go in

Different sizes

Pretending to sleep in the giant doll house

Giant candy land (Hadley won)

Using the tools

Gideon getting into the fun too


Huge water table

Playing in the sand

Pre-K and Toddler area


After the museum we got dinner then headed to the hotel. Hadley was very excited about sleeping in a hotel and wanted to go to sleep right away. Bedtime actually went better than expected as both girls went to sleep quickly. Not long into the night though, Malia vomited in her pack and play. We got it cleaned up, but I didn’t want her sleeping in it with the smell.

Gideon moved to Hadley’s bed, and I brought Malia into bed with me. Malia is a very active sleeper, trying to crawl off of the bed while still sleeping. This resulted in a night of very little sleep for me. Gideon and Hadley were doing okay, until Hadley woke up and found Daddy in bed with her. She demanded to know why he was in her bed, and then ordered him to sleep on the floor. After a little discussion, they both went back to sleep (both still in the bed).

The next morning after breakfast we headed to the Aquarium. As always I had done my research, so it was like I expected. It had a five story round tank, touch tank, shark and ray touch tank and many other things. The girls were getting distracted by the end, but I think we all had fun.


Watching the penguins

Trying to get to the fish

Touch tank





They were both getting hungry and less interested in the fish


It has become a bit of a tradition to go to Hard Rock Café on my birthday if we are near one. This makes our third year going to one. We have been to Athens, Greece, Dublin, Ireland, and now Boston, MA. The food as always was great. Since we were in Boston, I told Gideon he didn’t have to make me a cake. Instead we got the brownie sundae from Hard Rock.


Dancing in her chair

Eating her sauce by the spoonful


After lunch

After lunch, we walked around Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Whenever my birthday falls on Sunday, it is also Super Bowl Sunday, so the city was very empty. We happened upon some horse drawn carriages, so we went for a ride. Malia fell asleep during the ride, but the rest of us had fun. After our ride, we headed home.


The ice sculptures made for the Super Bowl


After our carriage ride

I had a lot of fun. I was with my family, exploring, seeing new things, and eating good food. All and all it was a great way to turn 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home